Marijuana Strain Guide
Today’s weed shops have more strains than an ice cream shop has flavors. How do you pick the perfect strain for you? Here’s a quick marijuana strain guide.
What are the different strains of cannabis?
First, it’s important to know that cannabis strains fall into three categories: indica, sativa, or hybrid. Within each category, it’s common to see strains grouped by the effects they produce, with subcategories like energizing strains, sleep aids, cannabis for pain relief, creativity, or relaxation.
How does each cannabis strain make you feel?
There are hundreds of cannabis strains on the market, with new weed strains being developed all the time. Each strain has its own unique qualities, but you can get an idea of how it will feel from how the strain is categorized.
Indicas are known for producing a full-body high and feelings of relaxation, while sativas create an uplifting head-high and relieve social anxiety. Hybrids, as the name suggests, are a blend of both experiences.
To benefit from a marijuana strain guide you should first consider what effects you would like to feel and what environment you will be in during the high. For example, an indica strain with sleep aid qualities could be a good fit for a quiet evening watching movies, while a creativity boosting hybrid may be a better strain for an artist spending an afternoon painting.
Examples of specific marijuana strains
Whatever qualities you’re looking for in a high, there’s a strain for it. While there are too many strains to list them all in a single marijuana strain guide, below are some examples of how specific strains can make you feel.
- Wedding Cake: Great taste, intense relaxation and euphoria await! This indica strain is the antidote for stress, anxiety, muscle pain and insomnia.
- Gelato #33: A true hybrid, delivering a heady onset with gradual relaxation and calmness. Gelato #33 gives indica vibes without the couch-lock drowsiness.
- GMO: This strong indica-leaning hybrid is the ultimate mood-balancer. Known for its uplifting and happy effects, GMO is a favorite for combatting depression.
- Sour Chillz: A playful hybrid known for producing physical relief and laughter, Sour Chillz will bring you to a place of positive energy only.
- Apple Fritter: This potent hybrid is as tasty as it is popular. A heavy hitter for both mental and physical pain, this strain washes away your worries to make room for creativity and full body relaxation.
- Super Sour Orange #11: A sativa for all your social needs! This strain provides a clear-headed high to energize you, make you more talkative, and keep you focused.
- Chocolate OG: This sweet treat has the calming sedative properties of a well-balanced indica with a surprisingly giggly twist to ease your mind and prepare you for a peaceful night’s sleep.
How can you consume different cannabis strains?
From baked goods to body oils, you can find new weed strains in many different forms. The most common consumption method for all strains is still the classic cannabis flower, which can be smoked in a joint, blunt, bong or pipe. Cannabis is also sold in vape cartridges, concentrates, or edibles, which offer weed strains with low THC and weed strains for beginners.
If you’re unsure of exactly what you’re looking for, come into The Heritage Club and one of our budtenders will help you out!