How to Make Choco-Canna Banana Bread Recipe
Learn to make edibles at home! Who can resist a sweet, moist, and perfectly baked banana bread? Combine that with your favorite cannabis strain and you’ve got the perfect treat.
Our Choco-Canna Banana Bread is the ultimate comfort food and a favorite among The Heritage Club team. Why choose between baking or getting baked? This recipe is equally delicious as it is easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to get all the benefits of cannabis in a bite.
Keep reading to find out how to make this tasty treat!
The best way to make choco-canna banana bread is to use cannabutter, and we’ll show you how to make your own using your favorite flower. This ingredient is just 5 simple steps and versatile so it can be used in other recipes you choose.
5 Easy Steps to Make Cannabutter
- Choose butter with a high fat content, it will help absorb the cannabinoids.
- For small batches use 3.5 grams of flower (such as Fire Stomper by High Supply). For large batches you may need up to 1 ounce.
- Grind your decarbed marijuana and add it to a saucepan with a 1:1 mixture of melted butter and water. (See notes below if you don’t have a grinder).
- Simmer this mixture for a couple hours on a low heat.
- After a few hours, strain the mixture, discard the ground cannabis, and refrigerate your cannabutter until it’s ready to use.
Now that you have the main ingredient – cannabis butter – let’s bake!
Choco-Canna Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup melted cannabutter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Step By Step
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, then set aside.
- In another bowl mix the melted cannabutter, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the eggs in, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the mashed bananas into the bowl and mix until fully combined. Add the milk and cinnamon and mix.
- Add the flour mixture into the cannabutter mixture. Mix until the batter is no longer lumpy. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- If you’re not sure what flower product to use for the cannabutter, click here read our beginner’s guide to cannabis flower.
- Click here to Learn how to grind weed (and how to grind without a grinder).
- Not sure what strain to use? Click here to read our Marijuana Strain Guide
Have you tried this recipe? We want to know! Take a picture and tag us on social media – @heritageclubthc